About Me

My photo
Well I am new to Nevada and this whole ranching thing but I am beginning to love it. My husband Jon and I even bought some cows and are really getting into the whole cattle buisness. We live in Starr Valley Nevada on his dads ranch and very busy with ranch life. We are expecting a baby girl Marli Jane any day now and can't wait to meet her. Jon and I meet at Utah State University in the fall of 2005 and were married one year later on October 14, 2008. We both served LDS missions to South America, I served in the Chile Santiago East Mission, and Jon served in the Rosario Argentina Mission. We love to speak spanish and are finding it is quite useful.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 2009


As you can tell we have been a little busy. Marli is gowing like a weed and is starting to be so much fun. We love her so much and don't want to her to continue growing, the sad thing is that she will. she can hold her head up very well now and shw smiles almost continually. She is such a happy baby. She has discovered her voice and tells us stories if only we could understand her. I chopped off my hair so Marli doesn't spit up in it anymore, I am still trying to get used to it. Jon is busy feeding cows and we had our first calf of the year and there are a lot more to come. We sold all our calves from last year (not for a good price but better than it will get). We love the snowand are praying more will come. The strangest thing we have had more rain in January than actual snow. The weather is definatly strange and I think it is confusing the birds. We have about 20 ROBINS in our front yard busy making nests and finding worms.
We had a great Christmas in Colorado and look forward to next year. Marli was able to go to Grandpa and Grandpa Archer's and see her cousins. They all loved seeing her. and I hope we will be able to visit again soon. This summer we have a busy schedule. Both of my younger brothers; Todd and Trent are getting married. Todd met a girl form Mexico so we will be traveling to Ciudad Juarez , Mexico this summer. Trent met a girl down in Pheonix they will be getting married on May 30th. We are excited to add Morgan and Anna to our family.








Posted by Picasa

No comments: